Overnight Oats? What are they I hear you say!?
Recently, I have discovered the best breakfast that works extremely well for me in terms of nutrition, quickness and of course taste!
Simple and healthy breakfast for work and I just want to share this quick, simple recipe with you!
So…what are overnight oats?
Literally porridge oats soaked in either milk,water or yoghurt overnight!
You can add lots of delicious seeds, fruit and toppings (I like strawberry and peanut butter!) and you will not regret it! Once soaked overnight, you do not even have to cook the oats you literally just eat straight from the fridge (don’t knock it until you have tried it!)
Whats the recipe?
You will need:
- A container/jar that has a lid
- Porridge Oats
- Any desired toppings/seeds/fruit (frozen fruit is great for keeping costs down!)
How to make (my own preference!)
- Weigh up 80g of milk/water/yoghurt and place at bottom of container
- Add 60g of oats and pour on top of milk
- Add any fruit/seeds/toppings (I add Flax Seeds, Frozen Strawberries and Peanut Butter)
- Pour one more splash of liquid (milk/water/yoghurt) on top and place the lid on the jar
- Leave in the fridge for everything to soak in overnight – and VIOLA you can eat for breakfast in the morning!
There are so many different flavours to experiment this versatile yummy breakfast with!
You can check out more recipe ideas on Quaker Oats website.
Enjoy this delicious breakfast and of course your journey to simple, delicious yet healthy eating!
Live, love, laugh… x
Please like and share!