“Adventure is worthwhile.” – Aesop
Travelling for me is the most worthwhile and educating experience I have ever known!
I encourage you all to travel as much as you can when you can, whether it is within your own country and visiting a new city to hopping on a plane or Eurostar and visiting a new city or country.
I have put together 20 facts about travelling that will hopefully encourage you to explore as much of the world as possible!
1. France is the most visited country in the world.
2. Travel has the ability to make you more creative.
3. Las Vegas has the most hotel rooms of any city in the world.
4. Around 300 people get married in Las Vegas every day.
5. Research shows that travel reduces stress, keeps your body healthy inside and out, and boosts brain health.
6. Canada is home to over 3million lakes!
7. Travelling encourages you to step outside of your comfort zone and learn about new cultures.
8. In 1930, female flight attendants had to weigh less than 115 pounds (52kg).
9. Adding salt and pepper to your food is considered highly offensive to chefs in Switzerland.
10. Less than 1% of the world’s population has ever visited Antarctica.
11. Travelling helps you learn who you are and help shape you as a person.
12. It is illegal to feed Pidgeon’s on the streets of San Francisco, California.
13. Tourism accounts for over 5% of the world’s economy.
14. 99% of Lybia is Desert.
15. You’ll realize that your home is more than just where you grew up.
16. You’ll realize how little you actually knew about the world.
17. The UK generates nearly 5 million visitors to the USA per year!
18. City with the most Rolls Royce’s: Hong Kong.
19. Every day about 3,000 Euro are thrown into the Trevi Fountain in Rome and collected at night to be given to a charity.
20. You have the opportunity to educate yourself and learn a new language!
“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine